Thursday 1 March 2012

Experiment No. 3 - Camouflage Part 1

The primer coat
Working my way through the modelling basics it's time to look at camouflage paint schemes. So far the practise models I have done have all been olive drab (or variations of). The Pegasus KV box set is the subject for this experiment and I think I have picked an interesting colours scheme for one of the models.

I have chosen a 3 colour pattern based on KV-1s captured by the Finnish army, a scheme made up of mid-grey and chestnut brown over a dark green base. However, using a painting technique which entails masking the various patterns using Blue-Tac means that I shall be laying down a base coat of the lightest colour first.


Coincidently, a friend of mine who is also a modeller suggested that I try priming my vehicles with a grey base coat before applying further coats of paint. So this is a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone - try out a new paint procedure as well as a new more advanced technique.

Next: Masking out the camoflague with Blue-Tac

No comments:

Post a Comment