Friday 28 March 2014

Quick Ford V3000S (G198TS) - Part 3

Right...Moving quickly on again..!

I decided to start with a black base coat to see if I could get some variation in tones if I airbrushed on the light olive I am using for my Finnish vehicles...


However, before I applied the olive green I wanted to mask out the cab interior which I want to stay black...


I managed to get some black undercoat faintly showing through which I was quite pleased about. Particularly in the crevices and panel line detail (I also didn't bother spraying the underside olive).

There isn't any military organisational or unit markings on Finnish transport (I'm not sure why that is), but I thought I would have a go at popping on a number plate (albeit a made up one)...


The general format of the plate is - I believe - authentic enough and the number starts with the obligatory Finnish military 'SA' nomenclature and the plate is yellow, it's just that I made the number up. I figured that as a wargame model I didn't have to be 100% authentic as the model is a representation of a type of vehicle rather than a specific individual truck.

Anyhoo, on to the initial weathering...More of shading really, with dustings of...Er...Dust! And then I started working into the tilt canvas. I was a bit disappointed in that really, I wish I had started with a different base colour rather than the canvas being the same colour as the rest of the truck. A khaki might have been better...


There's a bit of pin-washing in there using AK Interactive's Dark Brown Wash for Green Vehicles. I also removed the cab mask as the next stage will be to start working on the driver and the windshields. Then I will start working on some additional heavy weathering, chipping and damage...

Onwards!

[Thought I'd just add that this quick project is an experiment - as, I suppose, most of my projects are at the moment - and that if this works out I have another two of these Valiant resin trucks waiting on the workbench. These will complete my Jaeger's company transport under the Rapid Fire! rules that I'm using to guide my collection.]

No comments:

Post a Comment