Friday 13 November 2015

Minairons 1937 Chevrolet 1.5ton truck - part 3

This is the first time I have been blogging about two projects simultaneously, haven't decided whether alternating the posts like this is a wee bit confusing or not?

Anyway, progress on the '37 Chevy truck...

I've gone for the civilian type red leather bench seat colour. I can still remember this colour so well from cars when I was a lad in the 1960s (and I remember the beautiful smell too). They knew how to make car seats in those days, my father's Rover P5 had seating that would have done a gentleman's club justice! Sorry, I digress...

A tip for painting drivers - I glue them to cocktail sticks for easier handling.
A bit 'Gothy' perhaps? :)
The small unpainted splodge you can see is a bare patch of plastic I have left so that I can glue the driver onto the seat properly. As a matter of fact, I have also left the driver with an unpainted bum.

I've really simplified the painting and gone a bit minimalistic with the painting. Just a plain black painted interior for this one. (Which I guess it's in keeping with this war game format of model.)

Before I close the cab by glueing the two halves together, I have the windscreens to make and fit. It's an easier job if I have access to the windows from inside and out. This actually brings my two current models to the same state of construction and I will be concentrating on a little windscreen production line when I have some time to myself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment