Sunday 17 July 2016

Hobby Boss 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIC - in the box

Just a quick overview of the box contents of Hobby Boss's easy build Hurricane...


For my £4.75 I got 22 components, well protected inside a clear plastic inner case. To be honest, I think this is a bit of overkill and a waste of packaging. But it does keep all the parts pristine.

As usual, Hobby Boss does do a nice job with the instruction sheet, it's well printed - in colour - and the colour scheme directions are nicely illustrated. There is an option for two different RAF schemes, both European theatre...(Pity there isn't an overseas option.)


I'm a little unhappy with the colour reproduction of the included decals - some colours are just plain wrong (the registration numbers and fuselage ring of the first option are way off). But then, Hobby Boss decals are fast turning out to be my nemesis - they have a cheap and nasty glossy finish to them and don't like aggressive products like Microscale's MICRO SOL.


Finally, we have the instructions themselves. I do like the quality of the little colour printed leaflet that HB gives you - I wish other manufacturers would print their instructions to such quality. But, there again, in this instance the instructions are a little excessive as you could put this kit together without any diagrams at all!


My first impressions - prior to actual assembly - are that this kit looks quite nice. Again, Hobby Boss have made a nice job of the panel lines - neither too deep or too shallow. And there is nothing that immediately stands out as being particularly bad (unlike their Spitfire).

So, it's onto the construction, and I'm feeling quite positive.

1 comment:

  1. Canopy size Stephen? Does it relate to the real thing?

    ReplyDelete